Creating a New Address Book
You can create multiple Address Books to hold addresses or other data. If you want to import addresses or data into the Address Book, you must first create the Address Book into which you want to import the information.
The default Address Book file installed with software is named Sample Address Book.
To create a new Address Book
Choose New from the Address Book menu.
The New Address Book dialog box appears.
- Enter a name for the new Address Book in the Name box.
- Accept the default location to save the Address Book to, or click Browse to choose a different location.
- Choose one of the following from the Contents list:
- Address List - to create a new Address Book that contains address data.
- Data List - to create a new Address Book that contains non-address data.
A prompt appears, asking if you want to import data from an existing file.
- Do one of the following:
- Click No to create a blank Address Book.
- Click Yes and then follow the instructions in the Address Book Import Wizard to import data from an existing file.
The new Address Book is saved and is displayed on the Address Book tab.